Thursday 20 November 2014

FINDING MR RIGHT EP 16 'CURIOUSITY KILLS THE CAT''



Cynthia had succeeded in getting the required information about the mystery guy. I learnt his name was  Desmond. He wasn't married, wasn't Muslim but was from one of the northern states in Nigeria Kaduna to be precise.

I opened up to Jumoke about my fears marrying him if we ever fell in love and had to take things to the next level.
Would my parents accept my going all the way to Kaduna? I asked Jumoke, expressing my fears.
''Hahhhhahahahhahahahh'', Jumoke burst out laughing. '' You haven't even spoken to him , let alone allow a spark between you two and you are already worrying about marriage and acceptance. Are you high or something? '' She burst out laughing hysterically again.
I knew I was putting the cart before the horse, but most females do same when the find a guy they really dig, so I wasn't a peculiar case.
How do I meet him without appearing desperate or a push over corper? Suddenly , I was mad that this was happening to me. I had never felt this way before. It felt good,  yet annoying.
''Dont worry I have the perfect plan '' Jumoke said running to my rescue as usual. She sure had ways of making things happen.
'' I'll make sure you two meet , trust me'' she said smiling with great confidence. 
How do you intend to make that happen I asked , and she assured me she had a perfect plan.
About 3 weeks later when I was in town again,  Jumoke informed me that we were going to see  Desmond that evening .
Shocked, I leaped for Joy. How did you pull this off Jum? I quizzed hugging her tightly.
''Now,  don't push me down Tess'' Jumoke retorted and we both burst out laughing.
Jumoke narrated how she trailed Desmond's every move. She realised he attended her church in town and was a church worker. She immediately joined Desmond's unit in church, realising that would be the easiest and fastest way, since he was responsible for training new members and doing a follow up.
All she did  was stay steadfast and dedicated to attending meetings , and service. That way , she struck up a close friendship with him to the point he was comfortable around her.
Hahhahhahahahaha, you mean you joined a church group because of a man Jum? I asked her . God must be so annoyed with you , that's not good oo, I said laughing hysterically.
To think you aren't naturally spiritual and prayerful, and you went to join a unit in church is hilarious I buttressed.
'Abegi, a chic has got to do what a chic has got to do. What we want is results and my plan worked'' She laughed admitting it was really difficult for her praying non stop over a 2hr period during such group meetings.

No comments:

Post a Comment