Thursday 20 November 2014

''MY FATHER CURSED ME '' - SHOULD I BE WORRIED AND WILL IT COME TO PASS?



I got this mail from a dedicated reader of my blog ( according to him ) and the facts in this mail were simply appalling. I don't understand how parents go about cursing their kids and not wishing them well but evil.

Some mothers go as far as calling their children all sorts of evil names and cursing  whenever they get annoyed or their children step out of line.
I for one part remember growing up  with my siblings. There were so many times I remember us  not carrying out my mum's instructions, deliberately disobeying her or being overwhelmed by her endless chores and requests and she never once uttered an evil word to any of us.
She'd simply use the line ''You are disobeying me your mother. I that suffered and carried you for nine months . I that nurtured you, quotes a bible scripture  bla , bla bla , bla etc ''.
Then she'l keep mute or let us be. Well guess what? 
Say 10 seconds later, you begin having a feeling of not being a good child, and quickly go and carry out her instructions before your conscience pricks the hell out of you.
I had to caution an aunt of mine sometime after I heard her hurling tons of insults at her  10 year old daughter over a mistake that could be overlooked, and she replied telling me she didn't mean it, stating it was done out of disgust and anger. I immediately pointed out the power of spoken words and she realised her mistake,  called her daughter, blessed her  and made amends.

Check out the readers mail below

Hi Chidinma, I must say you are doing a great job with your blog and I enjoy a couple of posts from time to time, please keep it up!
I have an issue bothering me and I want you to share this on your blog so that I can be advised by readers of your blog.
I am a young man over 30. Growing up as a child,  I watched my dad verbally and physically abuse my mom from time to time.
I'd fight him then by either biting his legs , or dragging him etc . Since I was so little, I couldn't do much, but vowed to retaliate when I grew up.
Well, time went by and I sure did grow up. Since I was out trying to find my bearing in life , and my parents seemed happy together, I forgot every vile thought of retaliation , knowing fully well having grown up that marriage had loads of challenges.
Recently, I got reports that my dad had begun physically and verbally abusing my mum again and I went ballistic expecting he would have calmed down since they were now old.
The thought of loosing my mum ''in the name of a mistake'' since she is now a bit old and not as strong as she used to, sent scary thoughts running through my mind.
Suddenly , every unpleasant childhood memory came to my mind. I knew I had to do something.
I decided to have a talk with my dad , clearly expressing my disgust at his actions even at his old age and he reached out to hit me like he did when I was little. He must still see
me as a boy in his eyes , forgetting I was now a man  and in my 30's.
Angrily , I charged towards him and hit him real hard , clearly remembering unpleasant memories from my childhood.
People stepped in and soon the discord died down.
After refusing endless pleas by relatives to go and apologise despite his being wrong , I decided to do just that realising noting would change the fact he was still my father.
Rather than accept my apology, he began cursing and raining abuses on me . Abuses so terrible to mention in this mail.
I replied him , telling him God's promises and nothing else would come to pass in my life.
My question is , should I really worry since he is my father, as I have often heard when parents curse, it follows the children?

1 comment:

  1. The Curse causeless shall not stand. It's in the bible. I would do the exact same thing you did. Violence is never an answer to anything.

    ReplyDelete