Wednesday 28 October 2015

QUESTION OF THE DAY: SHOULD I DATE A GUY WHO WORKS IN THE SAME OFFICE AS MY EX?



So I got this mail from a curious Nikkynaz blog reader and it says

Dear Chidinma, 

You haven't blogged for a while, but I must say that I'm amazed at your work and the way you've handled your blog. 

I met a guy months ago after my ex and I called it quits. He had every physical quality I wanted in a man and I figured it was God trying to compensate me for a terrible and lost relationship. We hit it off so fast because it appeared he felt the same way about me. Things were working and moving on perfectly and I relished joyfully at the thought I had met ''THE ONE''.
Moved by attraction, we began making out and were quite intimate though we didn't have sex.
Weeks later, I began noticing some crazy habits he possessed. As much as I tried to Ignore them, I knew it was going to be hard to live with them, so I began talking to him about dropping such detrimental habits.
He however lashed out at me and said we could be friends if I felt he didn't possess what I need in a man and the relationship came to a screeching abrupt halt as he began quietly pulling away.
Fastforward months later, I met a dashing young gentle man  who works at the same place with the guy I had that brouhaha with and I'm wondering if it would be awkward to date him.
He hasn't officially asked me out yet, but I'm beginning to see signs that he may want our friendship taken to the next level. Suppose he does ask, do I go ahead? Their office is a really close knit place were almost all staff know one another and I don't want to be office gossip since I had been seen occasionally with the other guy. Would it make me look like a tramp regardless of the circumstance?

No comments:

Post a Comment