Thursday 12 March 2015

10 YEAR OLD GIRL FROM NIGERIA GETS ADMISSION INTO UNIVERSITY

10-Year-Old Prodigy Just Enrolled in College


Some people are born geniuses. What was I even doing at 10 years old?
 Oh I remember. I was in primary school, being the assistant class prefect and taking part in school presentations definitely not maths related. I so hated maths, it's inventors and anyone who even thought it should be part of a school'syllabus. I was always present in body but absent minded whenever it was maths period, though with time , I began enjoying it a little.

A 10 year old girl who isn't even seeing her period yet from Delta State Nigeria but based in the UK gained admission into college (University).

image

Esther Okade, a British-Nigerian home-schooled student, started in January as a freshman at the distance learning college Open University, making her one of the youngest college students in England.

Esther was home schooled by her mother Efe Okade. According to Efe, Esther loved figures , maths and was very good at them.
By 6, Esther took her first high school qualification exam, which is usually reserved for 16-year-olds, got a C but wasn't satisfied.She decided a resit and aced the exam ( say what !)

Esther in a recent interview with CNN said “I want to (finish the course) in two years. Then I’m going to do my PhD in financial maths when I’m 13. I want to have my own bank by the time I’m 15 because I like numbers and I like people and banking is a great way to help people.”

This is so unbelievable, I'm gobsmacked.

No comments:

Post a Comment