Monday 6 June 2016

IS GOD A MONEY DOUBLER ? - CHURCHES AND OUTRAGEOUS REQUESTS



Wait ooo, I saw this on a friend's Facebook page and was like woah! Is this for real? ( I feel it's photoshopped , not sure). The part that caught my eye was Houses, Cars, Land etc hian! As in see sacrificial item ideas when I'm crying my landlord increased my rent and tomato is 3 pieces for 400 naira loooool etc. 

PS- If you have ever sown any of such items and reaped a large harvest, please share  ooo. I MAY be inspired ( Does it really work?)

I'm a practicing Christian. When I say I practice Christianity, it doesn't mean I'm perfect and sinless. I have a few lapses here and there and used to beat up myself about it, but then I started watching the likes of Joyce Meyer et al and realized  they didn't get to their positions in life currently overnight , it took time. So I'm encouraged to say, I'm a practicing Christian in progress.


BACK TO THE TOPIC OF TODAY

I am at the point in my life where I am not doing so badly, but still feel I'm not totally maximizing my potential. It kinda creates room for concern and I always wonder if I am living  out my purpose here on earth. Most of my prayer points used to be God give me xyz amount of money, God I want to be a multi millionaire, God even If i'm not like Mark Zuckerberg or Dangote, let me not just get by etc.
Driven by messages in churches and pastors to sow seeds of prosperity, I had done the little I could year to year but then I was amazed at a certain occurrence.
I discovered the more I sat hopefully wishing that money would fall from heaven, waiting for God to double my seed, nothing really drastically happened. What was wrong then I pondered? Was I not praying , sowing or believing enough?
After years of dwelling in ignorance I stumbled on a scripture Deuteronomy  8;18 which says "But you shall remember the LORD your God, for it is He who is giving you power to make wealth, that He may confirm His covenant which he swore to your fathers, as it is this day.

Then I received LIGHT hallelujah. God doesn't give us money falling from heaven. He gives us '' POWER TO MAKE WEALTH'' meaning there are talents and gifts in us we ought to use to create wealth .
He creates opportunities, gives us ideas on how to make wealth so it's left to us if we are willing to pay the price by taking actions with perseverance and endurance.
No wonder so many celebs who lived crazy lives , weren't so spiritual but used their talents well got wealthy while many Christians spend hours praying and praying , sowing with no action and they expect money falling from heaven. 
I also stumbled on a scripture Proverbs 18:15 'The mind of the prudent acquires knowledge, And the ear of the wise seeks knowledge'.  It meant if I need to be wealthy, I needed to acquire knowledge ( not just university certificate oo) and skill.
I was vexed in my spirit and took it upon myself to gain knowledge about money, increase, spending on needs not wants, assets not liabilities, investments , savings, reduced expenditure,  budgeting, not keeping up appearances,  giving out the little I had from my heart not out of compulsion or manipulation by any pastor and to God be the glory, I've been debt free for years.

You may not even believe it , I was even more amazed and appalled recently during my late father's funeral service. There I was, heartbroken that I had lost my one and only dad (he wasn't perfect) the one who provided, whose sperm made it possible for me to even exist and the church sought the service as an opportunity to raise funds and donations because they felt  many wealthy and influential  people were at the service. 
If not for the fact I didn't want my mum to suffer any more pain from a dramatic child, I would have caused chaos and drama ( Hehehe, I'm sweet till I'm crossed).

CRUX OF THE MATTER

I stumbled on a video by Pastor Sunday Adelaja tagged ''DON'T LET THEM TAKE YOUR MONEY'' He is a pastor based abroad and I thought to share. Click  https://web.facebook.com/pastor.sunday.adelaja/ to access his page, then scroll down for the video. The video is shared on my personal facebook page.
Highly insightful I must say.

IF YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN BY ALL MEANS GIVE, SOW ACCORDING TO HOW YOU HAVE PURPOSED IN UR HEART. APPLY WISDOM AND DO NOT BE MANIPULATED.


Disclaimer- I'm not in anyway tongue-lashing any church pastor or  being judgmental etc.  Just a chic airing her views which musn't tally with yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment