Friday 27 September 2013

ARE HUSBANDS REALLY SCARCE IN NIGERIA?- ZAMFARA WOMEN PROTEST

protestin77835753


Dear future husband, I do not want to protest before you come and propose to me o. 
People always say men are scarce, but I have vehemently refused to accept that assumption. 
My reasons being that every Saturday, people are getting married and pictures displayed on Blackberry DP's.
 If men are truly scarce, there should be no weddings abi now?
I would rather rephrase the assumption clearly stating that '' Good men/ husband materials are scarce''.
 About 8,000 women  matched to the Zamfara Hisbah Commission, seeking the state government’s assistance to enable them to get married yesterday .
Many claimed they could not afford 2 meals a day, because there are no men to support them, which I consider a lousy excuse.
As a lady, do you need to wait to be married before you can have your basic needs met?
I mean you have two hands, two legs etc, do something no matter how little .
Even if you never went to school, start a small scale business, sell pure water etc.
What shocked me though ,  was that out of the  8,000 women,  5,380  were divorcees, 2,200 were widows, 1,200 were  orphans and 80 others were singles  looking for men to marry.
I actually  thought Islam never supported divorce, but a colleague of mine who happens to be a Muslim claimed it actually does depending on the magnitude of crime committed by the married parties.
This is really funny yet serious.
If you are a single lady in the house, it is not our portion ooo . We will not protest  before we meet our men . AMEN!

1 comment:

  1. the bible talked about it but i can't believe its happening so soon... hahahaaaa!!!!

    ReplyDelete