Sunday 10 February 2013

LOVE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SKIN COLOUR : TAMERA MOWRY-HOUSLEY


Tia Mowry-Hardict had some issues with online commenters making rude remarks about her son and now it seems as though her sister Tamera is going through the same thing.
Back in November, Tamera gave birth to her first born son, Aden, and she’s been gushing about the joys of motherhood on her online blog. While most fans have been supportive, some people have turned their internet thugging all the way up, trash-talking Aden because of his skin color, or bashing Tamera for marrying a white man. In an open letter posted on TiaAndTameraOfficial.com, Tamera addresses the ignorance, saying that yes, even as a celebrity, the negativity does hurt and “skin color has nothing to do with love.”

“Tia and I have always known we have amazing fans, but reading all your messages and comments on this blog make it even clearer.  When people say ignorant things about Aden’s race or my marriage with his daddy Adam, it’s easy for me to take it personally – even after all this time, my skin isn’t that thick! But hearing your stories about your own beautiful, mixed race babies and the love you have for their fathers grounds me back to reality and reminds me of the truth: Skin color has NOTHING to do with love.  How Aden looks or grows up to look like – whether he looks more “white” or more “black” – doesn’t matter to me.  Why should it? He’s my precious baby boy and my only job is to be the best mommy I can be to him while showing him both sides of his heritage.  All I want for him to believe is that love knows no boundaries.”
 


Tamera and Tia's sons


source:necoleb

No comments:

Post a Comment