Monday 11 February 2013

IF ONLY I COULD STRANGLE YOU



Looking at the picture above by my amazing  colleagues  Joy and Damilare, I was inspired to come up with a creative write up ( I'm not a writer though). I really think this picture is creative.
Anyway,  I was inspired to write about bosses and colleagues at the work place.
I am currently in  a place called '' Peaceful''. What do you mean by ''Peaceful'', you may ponder?
I am in a place called peaceful because I  currently work under an amazing boss , with amazing colleagues, and in  an amazing environment. My colleagues and I have occasional fights and disagreements from time, to time( I'm a bit strong willed), but like one big family,  we always find a way to kiss and make up somehow.

 My boss though not perfect is so amazing, and my current source of inspiration and drive to succeed (I cannot even imagine not succeeding at this point in my life). He fills me with words of wisdom, advice , and even possesses a couple of great qualities I wish to have in my future spouse.
Being in a place called '' Peaceful'' however, doesn't make me complacent.
I believe in never being overly content with a certain place and position, but seek ways to improve myself and move to the next level.

Prior to my peaceful place, I had experienced working with horrible bosses and annoying colleagues in the past. The kind of bosses who expect you to know all in a week what took them years to learn, the kind of bosses who see no good in anything you do, the kind of bosses who feel their ways are the best and they know it all, the kind of bosses who seize any opportunity to tongue-lash you and seek to destroy your self esteem  at any given opportunity etc. The list of the ''horrible bosses'' deeds are surely endless. 
Have you experienced any of these ? My dear, you are not alone.

 Asides horrible bosses, one can also  have some really annoying colleagues or co-workers. Some (co-workers) actually feel superior to the others, always want to out do you, jealous about you for no reason, act like they know it all ( ITK's), seize every opportunity to emphasize their opinions, points and views  without room from yours or  anyone else's, practice eye service in the name of office politics, seek ways to make you appear dumb and destroy/reduce your self esteem  etc. 

With all mentioned above , does it not make you wish YOU COULD STRANGLE THEM AT ANY GIVEN OPPORTUNITY( lol), but with the reminder of the consequences of your actions and the possibility of a possible jail term in ''Kirikiri '' prison if your actions go wrong (e.g suffocation and death) , you decide to let sleeping dogs lie and not make a mountain out of a molehill.

 Amidst all, the advantages of a good SELF ESTEEM cannot be overemphasized. No man born of a woman has any right to make you feel not good enough, feel like a failure, or feel incapacitated.
Criticisms are often beneficial to improving ones self if given with the right intent, but when it is purely out to destroy ones dignity and self esteem, it is highly unacceptable.
The truth is you are so powerful on your own to decide if certain failures you experience  and negative comments/ actions by others will break and destroy  your self esteem.
As wonderful creations of God, we were born to win, to conquer , to have dominion , to prosper, to take charge etc.
Even if you have failed repeatedly ( I have, everyone has) , like the late singer Aaliyah sang '' If at first you  don't succeed, dust yourself up and try again''.
MAINTAIN A GOOD SELF ESTEEM  AT ALL TIMES!

1 comment:

  1. Really nice piece Nikkynaz...keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete