Friday 18 January 2013

MAKEUP: A LADIES BEST FRIEND

Photo of the day

This picture reminds me of my days in the University. I always thought my outfit wasn't complete without a splash of make up. You bet I had all the lipstick colours and eye shadows to suit my colourful personality and outfits, not forgetting my Mary Kay powder for the right base.

On a certain day, I thought to myself  I'll experiment and go for lectures without makeup, and if the day goes well with positive compliments, I just may reduce the way I wear makeup outrightly.

Then  I asked myself ,'' what if you get negative comments''? I quietly tucked in my make up bag in my handbag as a back up.
 A couple of minutes later, I arrived my lecture hall for lectures, barefaced, heads up , bold  and started interacting with a few course mates. Oh well, you guessed right, everyone started asking if I was ok, if I was feeling well, if I got jilted by a boyfriend etc.
 I was overwhelmed with the level of concern, as questions kept coming  from all corners. 
When I couldn't bear it anymore ,I rushed out and applied my make up (remember it was in my bag as a back up, that was a smart move).

 I came back into class and my missed complements began pouring in. The rest of the day went peacefully.
Lesson of that day: My course-mates and friends  were used to seeing me wear make up, I shouldn't have bordered experimenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment