Sunday 21 February 2016

FINDING MR RIGHT EP 33 'CHRISTMAS IN PAIN'


December was finally here and it was just less than a week before the office closed for the year. It felt good going home with Christmas songs buzzing on the streets and seeing decorations splattered on the roads by banks and other key organisations. I just couldn't wait.

I missed my family and Buchi regardless of the fact that things had been patchy between us.Getting home would enable me catch up with my family as well as have deeper insights into what possibly went wrong with Buchi. It would also afford me the opportunity to know my stand with him.
Best feeling of all was putting away all the office drama for a while, it was indeed a scandalous year at work and the office had been in a really tense state.
It was finally Christmas eve and though Buchi lived a little over two hours away from me, he showed little or no interest in ensuring we see. I felt hurt and pained. The conversations between us lacked lustre and sensed no emotion from his end.
I decided however to focus on enjoying the yuletide with my family and cast my relationship woes behind me.
Finally, it was Christmas day.It was fabulous, filled with the usual chores of cooking different delicacies, organizing drinks and keeping the house super clean to welcome visitors or relatives who decided to stop by.
While engrossed with my cooking, the phone rang and it was Oluchi on the line. How is your family and everyone at home , I queried, and she revealed she had decided to spend the yuletide at home with her latest beau Odili in his hometown.
His hometown really wow! I exclaimed apparently excited for her. Maybe he wants to introduce you to his family . He is taking you seriously then I said, sort of envying her. ''For where?'' Oluchi snapped me out of my thoughts . I haven't met any of his family members yet as we speak . I'm actually staying in a hotel he paid for, he feels the time isn't right and I'm really sad''.
I tried encouraging he to take heart and exercise some little more patience. It seemed all that glittered wasn't really gold after all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment