Monday 21 September 2015

FINDING MR RIGHT EP 28 '' BITCH STOLE MY MAN''



Weeks had passed and things seemed same old and normal. Work was tasking and left no room for Oluchi and I to catch up with each other.
I was oblivious to the activities of the other ladies.
Buchi had finally called me and it was obvious our relationship had gone sour. The spark was drifting away day by day and it broke my heart.

Friends and acquaintances  were experiencing milestones in their lives , travelling, getting married, having babies etc and boldly flaunted them on social media for prying nosy eyes to see. I unknowingly gradually began falling into a state of depression wondering when, how and where my breakthrough will come from.
While engrossed in my thoughts, my phone began ringing. Surprisingly, it was Linda. Excitedly, I picked up her call and started our conversation happily with pleasantries when I was surprisingly greeted with hostility.
Linda’s voice was teary, hostile, pitchy etc and I could tell something wasn’t right.
What is wrong? I queried her shocked at her countenance.
‘’Can you Imagine Tess’’ she continued sobbing and chocking intermittently.
‘’Tess, friends are bad and wicked, friends are terrible, friends are backstabbers’’.
At this point, I was lost. What is it? Whom are you referring to? I queried.
‘’Blessing is a boyfriend and man snatcher’ she blurted out. Blessing snatched your man? How? I couldn’t wrap my fingers around what Linda was saying. Blessing never struck me as a man-eater let alone one to go after another’s man.
There must be a mix up. Linda, are you sure of what you are saying? Who is the guy in question?
‘It’s Anayo ‘she retorted. I spotted them both looking all loved up at the Palms in Lekki.
Wait a minute; is it the same Anayo you treated with disdain and shabbily at the beach party months ago?
‘’Yes he is and Blessing snatched him from me’’. You turned him down and said you were not interested. At that point, she began crying profusely. ‘’Yea, I turned him down but never asked Blessing to end up dating him, I was just playing hard to get’’.

No comments:

Post a Comment