Monday 24 August 2015

FINDING MR RIGHT EP 26 ''PARTY IN ELEGUSHI''




The party day came and I was in mega high spirits. I sort to wear my mini shorts as stated on the IV and I looked ravishing in it.
On getting to the beach, everywhere was crowded. There was music playing at different sections which made the beach a bit chaotic.
Scantily clad ladies strutted their stuff up and down, seeking gullible preys to devour. Horny men moved around assessing every booty they could possibly and potentially hit, while the smell of grilled fish, salad, roasted meat, suya and other types of beach foods filled the atmosphere.
In about 10 minutes, I finally found were Oluchi and others were at the beach. I ran into people I hadn’t seen in years and we exchanged pleasantries. I noticed Chinwe, Linda, Blessing etc were all in attendance. Some other acquaintances I knew way back in school Lola, Tara, Becky and a host of others were there as well.  It seemed everyone had migrated to Lagos in search of greener pastures after graduation.
We chatted, laughed, gossiped, danced, argued, discussed relationships etc.  No doubt, we all had a mega awesome time.
A couple of hours later, drama broke. Linda seemed to be lashing out at a guy and was very hostile.
‘Stop stalking me’, she yelled.’ Why are you trailing and following me round the whole of Lagos?’’ she continued.
We ran to stop and redeem the situation, as the drama began attracting the attention of onlookers.
Linda accused the young man who upon my assessment looked frail and not so rich or handsome of pestering her.
Anayo as we got to know his name later, kept his calm all through the brouhaha remaining every inch a gentleman.
I feared he’d smack Linda angrily for all the foul words she lashed at him, but he simply apologized and walked away.
While the rest of us cautioned Linda for her wild and arrogant behavior towards Anayo, Blessing and Lola ran after him pleading he’d forgive our friend for her unkind treatment and asked he have a drink with us to make up for the drama seeing his hurt .
After being hesitant at first, he agreed and joined our crew. We all pleaded and sought his forgiveness for all the drama and Lin’s attitude. All through the party, he had his eyes fixated on Linda still, who returned his gazes with scornful looks and we couldn’t help but feel sorry for him.
Blessing and Lola however tried making him have a blast with our crew and soon, he was in good spirits.
No sooner, everywhere became pitch dark. Night had come and Oluchi decided to pass the night at my place since it wasn’t far from the beach.
We spent the entire night reflecting on all the funny and dramatic events which took place during the day.
It suddenly occurred to me that Buchi hadn’t bothered calling despite fighting the urge and need to speak with him for days.
He had been acting up of late, and I worried if the distance took a toll on our relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment