Sunday 7 June 2015

99 YEAR OLD WOMAN GRADUATES FROM COLLEGE



This is what I tag determination and perseverance. A 99 year old woman named  Doreetha Daniels has been studying at the community college in Santa Clarita since 2009, determined to earn her degree.She recently graduated on Friday despite suffering a couple of strokes , ill health during her entire course of study.

“99, here I am,” Doreetha Daniels said at the podium Friday, amidst  cheers from the audience Friday. Her relatives shed tears of pride after the graduation ceremony where Doreetha was awarded an associate’s degree in social sciences.
I accomplished what I wanted to do, and this is my dream come true,” she said after the ceremony. 
Awww, determination.



Her son Robert (seated right) said his mother persevered through her education despite suffering a couple of strokes and losing her driver’s license. (Credit: KTLA)

No comments:

Post a Comment