Monday 11 May 2015

FINDING MR RIGHT EP 24'' THE LAST MONTH OF SERVICE''




Soon, service year was almost up and i couldn't be happier. I came, I saw, I conquered.
While relaxing a certain Saturday, I received a friend request on facebook . My  goodness , I thought to myself, this guy sure looks good and has an awesome profile picture plus he was Igbo too.
I liked Umar a whole lot, but the obvious religious and tribal barriers were glaring  and gave me limited hope for a future with him. I decided to keep an open mind and remain prayerful  with regards the issue of a life partner.
I accepted the friend request and no sooner, the handsome dude introduced himself  as a family friend since his parents and mine were close acquaintances.
We soon got talking and became quite close. Buchi seemed so serious with me, he always called, checked on me and soon it became really difficult to live a day without hearing his voice. He had spoken with Jumoke and left a good impression.
''He may be the one Tess''  Jumoke would say , and I'll laugh it off.
Umar and I however remained close notwithstanding and the thought of me leaving the State at the end of my service year broke his heart. We however resolved to maximise  our last moments together. Time  indeed flew past so quickly  and no sooner  my NYSC  passing out ceremony came. i was finally home elated and ready to proceed to the next stage of life which was finding a good job.
My coming home however afforded me the opportunity to meet Buchi in person and in no time we began dating.
We were so inseparable and he was every inch the kind of man I wanted , though not entirely perfect. I couldn't have felt luckier.
3 months into our relationship,Buchi proposed.
It came as a shock to me and I had fears of whether knew each other that well to take the big leap. I however asked to be given time to think about it.


photo credit:my own dp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment