Friday 24 April 2015

FINDING MR RIGHT EP 23 '' HOLIDAY IS COMING''




In the midst of all the drama, Easter was around the corner and I couldn't wait to run away from all the unfavorable weather conditions and drama.
I had to stop over at Jalingo before proceeding on my journey to the east where my family resided.
Getting to Jalingo, Jumoke narrated all that had transpired between her and Valo's mum.I couldn't help but laugh. It was like watching the movie '' Monster in law'' only that in this case, Jumoke wasn't yet married to Valo.
How are you sure you and Valo would end up getting married , I asked Jumoke. 
'' He is my life, I can't live without him, he is the father of my unborn kids '' she gushed.
Here we go again, I said to myself while laughing. If I didn't know about Valo's family background and the fact that they weren't diabolic in any way, I would have sworn my friend Jumoke had been Jazzed.
Days had gone by so quickly and it was already weekend. Elated, I had packed my bags , bade farewell to Jumoke at the park and embarked on my journey. There was indeed no place like home. I received a warm welcome as I furnished my ever inquisitive mum on the latest happening in my life.
A day to Easter, I decided to help my mum with some grocery shopping.
While scanning through a shelf  in search of a particular item of interest, a voice from behind said '' Tess, isn't that you?''. Turning around, I discovered it was Chinwe my course-mate back in university.
Yes, the very same Chinwe accused of being a husband snatcher.
We exchanged pleasantries and looked for a sit out within the mall that housed the supermarket to reflect on old times and also catch up.
In the course of discussing, Chinwe let out in detail what had happened between her and Nsikan that led to a fight back in school.
She began saying '' I asked him if he had a girlfriend, if he was married and he said no.
He promised we would get married someday  saying  he cherished and saw me as having all the qualities he wanted in his future spouse.
I would visit him always at his place and leave with no drama from another chic . I never suspected there was something up.
His phones were always passworded and I felt attempting to go through them would reflect a lack of trust and appear as an invasion of privacy.
His friends accepted me, used to call me '' our wife'' whenever they saw me .
How would I have ever imagined he was married and his family resided in another state having dated him for over a year with no hint or clue whatsoever?
I was totally shocked when a lady knocked on my door and accosted me for sleeping around with her husband''.
My mind immediately drifted back to the fight I had witnessed  off campus years back in school.
Chinwe contined '' The worse part was the stigmatization I suffered. Everyone kept pointing accusing fingers at me for attempting to snatch another woman's husband.
Some of my bosom friends even acted so protective of their men whenever they were around me''.
Hearing the true and full story, I felt sorry for Chinwe who currently lives with the phobia from her past experience finding it difficult to trust men.
We discussed a couple of minutes more and I realized my mum would be worried wondering what had kept me so long.
We bade each other farewell as I immediately rounded up shopping and headed back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment