Tuesday 6 January 2015

''WHOEVER SAYS HE WILL NOT DO ANYTHING GOOD FOR NIGERIA, I'LL DEAL WITH THAT PERSON''- OBASANJO SAYS




In a recent courtesy call by the South West women leaders which comprised of  the National President Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, (women wing), Dr (Mrs.) Oyin Sowoolu, were led to Obasanjo’s home by the Iyalode of Yorubaland, Chief (Mrs.) Alaba Lawson.

Former president Obasanjo  stressed that Nigeria does not deserve the position it found herself presently. He said: “Now you said this year is an election year, I have no apprehension over these coming elections.

I have no fears over the forthcoming elections. I was reading it in one paper today where they said why they became jittery when they heard you were coming to visit me, is that I and Jonathan are not in good terms, there is nothing as such. “I have no grudges against Jonathan and I think Jonathan equally has no grudges against me.

I’m not quarrelling with Jonathan but all I know is that whatever is good for Nigeria, that I’m ready to die for. I emphasise that whatever is good for Nigeria, is what I’m ready to defend with my life.

“Whoever, I emphasise whoever says he would not do anything good for Nigeria, even if he says he’s ready to go ‘konko-bellow’, I’m ready to square it up with such a person.

I say again, whoever that person may be; I want you to get that correctly. If this country is going to change for the better, it would start from the top and if it’s going to be otherwise, it would start from the top, too. “I have had some little experience about this country.

I was a military head of state and I was also a civilian president, so what is left? “So, if I talk, I know what I’m saying. Whoever wants, should listen to me and whoever feels otherwise may turn a deaf ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment