Friday 9 January 2015

HOW TRADITIONAL RULER IN LAGOS PLANNED KIDNAP BECAUSE HE DIDN'T GET A CAR

native-doctor-copy

Kidnap suspects nabbed by the Police officers have confessed  they were hired by one of the traditional rulers in Itokin area of Ikorodu, whom they named as Oni Adekoya, aka Agbogidi . The kidnappers  revealed that Muwalu, the victim, was later discovered not to be the actual target afterall, stating that their actual target was onwer of the hotel whom Adekoya accused of giving other chiefs cars but left him out.

During questioning , Oni Adekoya, aka Agbogidi , exchanged banters with other suspects , over his allaged involvemnet.While he insisted he knew nothing about the kidnap , other suspects claimed he promised to share the ransom with them had they succeeded .
In an interview with Crime Guard, the suspects told all they knew about the botched kidnap.
First was the traditional ruler, Adekoya, who was allaged to be the brain behind the entire operation.
He started by taking what he assumed as an oath of truth , saying : “I swear by my profession as a herbalist that I do not know what they are talking about. I have been a herbalists for 27 years .
“” Gbenga ( one o f the suspects ) called me one day to say that he wanted to kidnap Baale and I told him to go ahead. When the gang eventually kidnapped the victim, I was not there. I later I received a call from them, informing that they had succeeded in the operation and that they were in the bush.
Three days later, another member of the gang, Azeez, called to inform me that they needed money to buy fuel for the operational vehicle. I asked him why they haven’t released the victim and they said it was because they were yet to get any ransom. I was afraid that they could kill the victim. I requested to speak with the victim on phone and they obliged me.
Earlier , Gbenga’s mother confided in me that her son decided to kidnap the victim because he offended him”
In actual fact, our target was the owner of the hotel. Unfortunately, his car was driven by the hotel’s manager on the day of the operation.
From the onset, I smelt trouble because on the day of the operation, I noticed some foul play from Agbogidi(Adekoya). When we discovered that the kidnapped man was not the actual victim, we were disturbed . But we were reassured by Adekoya that we would get something good as ransom. Unfortunately, the family was yet to pay anything before we were arrested.”

Out of frustration, the ransom money was reduced from 60 million to 5 million and during the cause of the negotiation, police nabbed the suspects and investigations are still being carried out.


Source: Vanguard

No comments:

Post a Comment