Thursday 13 November 2014

FINDING MR RIGHT EP 15 ''LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT''



Life went on as normal. I would shuttle between Jalingo town and the village intermittently, settle fights and quarrels between Jumoke and Efosa, fight with Jumoke , but in the end , we’ll all kiss and make up.
I chose not to let the negative situation I found myself in get to me.

Prior to returning back to my rural base, I had to make a quick transaction at my designated bank and that was when my eye caught a very cute banker.
Now, I wasn’t the kind of chic who had jitters or butterflies in her tummy when she came in contact with a cute guy, but this one was special.
He was tall, charismatic, smooth, calm, smart etc. I couldn’t help but steal glances at him.
Who could this guy be? I pondered. Where he from, were a couple of questions among many others I asked myself. I was determined to find out.
I kept my calm and poise, completed my transaction and headed back home to Jumoke’s.
All through my way home, all that engulfed my senses were thoughts of the banker I had seen. My head was filled with vivid and wild imaginations of his arms around me, his lips planting kisses from my lips all the way to my neck, his hands touching my in special places that sent chills down my spine etc. I began feeling a tingle and knew I had been smitten at first sight.
‘Snap out Tess’’ you just met him and shouldn’t be imagining these things. A small still voice tried to shut my thoughts.
What if he is married, in a serious relationship, Muslim, from a bizarre tribe etc, what are the chances between us two? My thoughts were flooded with possible hindrances.
I need to find out more about this mysterious guy, I said to myself.
Getting home, I was so excited and could not wait for Jumoke to return and dish about my new love/lust experience.
Looking at my wristwatch, about 2 hours had passed already and I was all too eager to fill Jumoke in.
Where is this chic? I pondered. I had to call her immediately.  I couldn’t contain my excitement.
‘’Jum Jum’, I fondly called called her, I have gist. Your friend is in love oo.
Jumoke burst out into laughter thinking I was joking or high on alcohol.
She knew fully well that I wasn’t the lovey, dovey type.
‘’Hmm Tess, you have come again looool, who is the lucky guy? When did this happen?’’ She quizzed. ‘’ Infact I am sprinting home now, I can’t wait to get all the scoop ‘’ she buttressed.
Very typical of Jumoke I laughed out loud. She never wanted to be kept in the loop over any issue or gossip.
In less than 40 minutes, Jumoke was back and eager to hear me dish, her eyes rounded and ear tentacles alert.
I narrated my love at first sight experience to her and my determination to find out who the mystery guy was.
‘’I have a plan’’ Jumoke said beaming with smiles. She was hands on trying to fix issues or source information and I gave her huge credit.
‘Cynthia and Ebere living in my lodge are both dating guys in that bank ‘’. Huh? I thought Cynthia was dating an Army official, while Ebere was dating a hotel owner, I quizzed trying to make sure Jumoke had her facts right.
She burst out laughing really hard. ‘’Army official ko , hotel owner ni. Don’t try Cynthia and Ebere oo. They don’t put all their eggs in one basket. Anyway, I’ll ask them to find out who the guy is from their boyfriends’’.
How do you intend to do that? You do not get along with Ebere , I reminded her.
Jumoke and Ebere were always at loggerheads. They always bickered and quarreled. Their rift started when a young man Ebere had an eye on  ‘’ ported ‘’ and diverted his attention to Jumoke despite the fact he knew fully well they both lived in the same compound.
Jude the guy in question kept chasing Jumoke like no man’s business and vehemently refused to let her be after he spotted her on one of his visits to Ebere’s house.
Despite Jumoke insisting she had a serious relationship with Valo and was living with Efosa, Jude never cared. He wanted Jum and wasn’t going to give up, even if it meant hurting Ebere.
Enimity began brewing after Ebere thought Jumoke was jeopardizing her chances with Jude and accused her of using black magic on him.
I on the other hand wondered what all the fuss about Jude was. He wasn’t my Ideal kind of man. He wasn’t tall, not drop dead handsome like Denzel Washington, Tyson Beckford etc , and wasn’t even super rich.  
‘We will have to ask Cynthia then, let us leave Ebere out of this ‘’ Jumoke said.

1 comment:

  1. chidinma Naze u are just a nayghty girl............... now am so confused. cant wait for the end of ur story ...............lol

    ReplyDelete