Thursday 6 November 2014

FINDING MR RIGHT EP 14 ''THE OTHER END OF THE LINE''




While I  ''roasted'' and pondered over why God had forsaken me  to let me come to a deprived village in the name of NYSC, my friend Oluchi who succeeded at working out her youth service was balling in Lagos.

''Tessy guess what?', she will enthusiastically say ''I met a pilot, I met a doctor, I met a business man she'd tell me as I began loosing count of all the people she had a relationship with.
Wow! I thought it was the pilot,doctor, banker etc you were dating I'd ask when she pops out another name , and she would give a reason  why all her dates never lasted.

'Tessy, I really do feel for you ooo, how did you end up in that sort of place?  Are you even seeing anyone ?'' She'd quiz.  For where? I'd respond . Dating anyone in such an area was surely the last thing on my mind.
We were advised as ladies to be careful of indigenes, traders etc in the area  as in not to indulge or oversmile with them.
It was an  established fact that some used  ''Jazz'' ( use black magic) on female corpers who end up not returning home after their service year .  Some out of the blues choose to remain back with an indigene. Such was the case of a young corper lady and a Suya seller.She found love in the bush loool.
''Really Tess, did that happen ?'' Oluchi quizzed, and we laughed at the thought of me ending up a victim and the actions my parents and pastors would have taken to undo whatever love that held me bound loool.
Talking to Oluchi despite stretching my neck to my phone hung on a tree  (to receive network signals) brightened my day. I usually ended up with neck pain and strain but never stopped because she sure knew how to get my low spirits high.

No comments:

Post a Comment