Sunday 7 September 2014

JOAN RIVERS TO BE BURIED TODAY - ASKS FOR A VALENTINO GOWN AND RED CARPET DURING BURIAL



Joan Rivers' funeral  today Sunday will be a "glamorous" event just as she wanted - complete with a red carpet.

In her 2012 memoir, she said  "I Hate Everyone... Starting with Me", she wrote: "When I die (and yes, Melissa, that day will come; and yes, Melissa, everything's in your name,) I want my funeral to be a huge showbiz affair with lights, cameras, action.

Joan RiversJoan RiversJoan Rivers

"I want Craft services, I want paparazzi and I want publicists making a scene! I want it to be Hollywood all the way. I don't want some rabbi rambling on; I want Meryl Streep crying, in five different accents. I don't want a eulogy; I want Bobby Vinton to pick up my head and sing 'Mr. Lonely'.

"I want to look gorgeous, better dead than I do alive. I want to be buried in a Valentino gown and I want Harry Winston to make me a toe tag. And I want a wind machine so that even in the casket my hair is blowing just like Beyonce's."



It was an emotional scene this morning as Joan Rivers' body was transported to a crematorium and her daughter and grandson said goodbye. Melissa Rivers said a heartfelt last goodbye to the comedy legend — kissing her casket and biting back tears moments before her mom’s body was transported to a New Jersey crematorium on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment