Tuesday 30 September 2014

FROM ENGLISH TO TRADITIONAL- MY OMOTOLA JALADE STYLE INSPIRATION



My friend Amaka gave me an assignment of life  asking me to be part of  the asoebi train for her traditional wedding.
I had not been to the tailors for 3 years and when it came to selecting a style to sew my ankara, I had a major challenge. I wanted something decent , yet stylish , sexy , cool and wearable to places like church and other events. After hours of digging up styles, I  settled for this blue English dress worn by Omotola J. Ekehinde  to the pampers event. I creatively asked the tailor to put in the scarf color for an extra sass and it turned out superb and fab. After series of fights with the tailor and adjustments,  I successfully transformed an Enlish wear to a traditional outfit ( Maybe I should start fashion designing lool).
The purpose of this post is to let you know you can draw inspiration from English  ready made outfits , remix them to produce amazing ankara traditional styles.
Check out more pictures below



1 comment: